U.G.L.Y

Have you ever really, really, looked at a mussel?
They are ugly.
They are deceiving. You think you are getting heaps, but once you pluck them from the shell, they are eaten in 2 mouth fulls.

I steam my mussells for 5 minutes, with half a cup of water to 1.5kgs (sometimes 1 cup, depends really).
They take about 5 minutes to open up, and if one does not open - do not eat it.
I then mix up a vinaigrette with white vinegar, juice of a lemon, salt & pepper and hey presto.
I don't like to buy Garlic Bread pre-made, so I buy Turkish Pockets, slice in half, and then in 'soldiers' (Don't pretend you never ate soft boilt eggs with soldiers).
I mix olive oil, garlic & melted olive butter together, spread and then grill.
Yummo.
My basic meal.


I am abit disappointed as we were meant to have round 2 of Birthday Dinners tonight at the Conservatory in Crown for $61.00 a feast of Seafood, Asian, Buffet etc would have been all mine.
S said he now has to work abit later and we should re-schedule.
I want prawns dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment