S, being Serbian Orthodox was meant to Fast for 40 days for Easter.
This means, No Alcohol, Meat, Egg, Cheese, Milk or any other dairy like products.
He is slack so only fasted for a week.
I tried, I really did.
I kept runing my fasting streak by eating butter on toast, hot cross buns and even a bacon and cheese roll - Oops.
Oh well, Shall do it properly next year.
This was one of our fasting meals.
Garlic Prawn Risotto
Ingredients2 tblsps olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups Arborio rice
375ml can Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk (substituted for Carnation Soy Milk)
1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock (Holy Crap - I totally used this! Does it actually contain meat or just artificial flavours?)
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
500g cooked, peeled prawns
100g baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
Shaved parmesan, to garnish (Left out - but now that I realise I used chicken stock, may as well have used it)
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add rice, milk and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
Add capsicum and prawns and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Season with salt and pepper.


No comments:
Post a Comment