For Maria

Here you go Maria :)

The story of how S and I met... It's not very thrilling.
I was working 2 jobs at the time, working retail at a mens store & doing promo and what not.
I was working the 5-9pm retail shift and was coming down with the flu, dead sick.
All I could think about was how good it would be to go home and get into bed.
Then my boss rang, and asked (well, demanded) that I go into work at The Long Room (Melbourne Collins St Bar). I told him Hells No but he was adamant that they asked for me in particular and that I basically had to go in to work the midnight - 3am shift.
I wasn't working much, just standing around at the entrance and greeting people. Basically an inside door bitch.

He offered to pay me time and a half, so I decided to suck it up and go in.
I went home, painted my face, did my hair (long, straight, with a straight across fringe), put on a strapless white fitted wish dress (I will post a pic of that dress tomoz when I'm home), a blue necklace and sparkly Steve Madden heels.



Yes, I remember exactly what I was wearing.
This group of drunks were trying to chat me up, and usually the security would come and bail you out but nobody was around.
I caught S' eye and he came over and started talking to me, and the other guys left.
He asked for my number after we had a chat, and for some weird reason I gave it to him, no worries. I'm actually not this kind of girl!!
He said "If I call you on this tonight, will you answer?" and I said Yes.
He then gave me his business card, and told me I would be hearing from him.
I didn't hear from him for nearly 2 weeks, and in the mean time I had rung his mobile on a private number, hoping he wouldnt pick up so I could hear his voicemail and figure out how to pronounce his last name. He didn't answer, and I ended up saying "Hmmm Maryanne ******, that sounds good" (in my head)little did I know haha!!!
Anyway, enough rambling, he rang me and asked me out to dinner, but my brother was arriving home from travels so I could not go. I thought I would never hear from him again.
1 week later he tried again, but I was busy again.
1 week again, he tried and I was finally free that night.
We agreed to meet on the corner of collins and russell and decide where to go from there, I ended up being nearly 1.5 hours late, but there he was, waiting.
We went to Crown Casino, proceeded to have a few shots, watched a movie (I know it was one of the Oceans 11 ones but cant remember which one) and walked out it was that crap.
I still have that ticket stub somewhere.
Anyway, that's how we met :)


P.S He always says I was wearing White Jeans the night we met.
I think I would remember!!!!

Ok talk about a stupid photo, but this is the dress I was wearing.


Golly I wish I was that thin now!!

S found out my fave biscuits were Anzac from Subway, so every time I would go and see him he would have bought all the biscuits from Subway.

Needless to say, didn't take long for me to put on the weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment