Prawn Risotto

On Saturday S and I spent the first half of the day at the Queen Victoria Market.
We stocked up on enough food to last us if we go into hibernation.
Last night I made Prawn Risotto.
Here is the recipe.
(As I also had Apple Crumble going on at the same time, did not take many pics)
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
3 shallots (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1.5litres chicken Stock
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
juice of half a lemon
12 prawns, shelled and deveined (I just used half a kilo, so prob more than 12)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup parsley
Salt & Pepper

Melt butter over slow heat and cook shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add rice and stire until coated with butter.
Increase heat to medium and add stock a cup at a time (6 cups all up) stirring until absorbed, adding more stock until rice is cooked.
Reduce heat and add sour cream and lemon juice.
Stir in prawns, parmesan, parsley (did not use) and salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and allow to sit for 2 minutes before serving.

It looks like a bland mess in this photo. Tasted delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment